This November 16-17, 2016 the Global Fund Board will meet to convene its 36th meeting in Montreux, Switzerland. This comes just months after the 5th Replenishment conference held in Canada where close to $13 billion dollars was raised to aid in the fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria.
The Developing NGO Constituency along with other Delegations to the Board will review hundreds of pages of documents to prepare for discussions and decisions related to:
- An updated Funding Policy
- Sources and Uses of Funds for the 2017-2019 Allocation Period
- Catalytic Investments for Impact
- 2017 Operating Expenses Budget & Work plan
- Performance Targets for the 2017 – 2022 Strategic Key Performance Indicator Framework
- as well as the process and protocol for the selection of the Board Leadership for the 2017-2019 period.
The landscape for funding the fight against the three diseases appears to be ever changing. The Delegation and its members are committed to ensuring that the Global Fund remains relevant and responsive to the NGOs and Communities on the ground and in the arena, fighting to end it for good.
The Developing Country NGO Delegation to the Board of the Global Fund is a voting constituency on the Board of the Global Fund and represents the NGOs, from the Developing World, serving those affected by HIV/AIDS, TB, & Malaria. The Delegation seeks to influence decisions and policies to ensure strategic, continuous and appropriate responsiveness to the needs of those affected by the three diseases and the NGOs providing services to them. For more information, please contact Jomain McKenzie, Communications Focal Point, Developing Country NGO Delegation, firstname.lastname@example.org.