1. OVERALL OBJECTIVE
To revise the Constituency handbook, which provides a manual and guide for the procedures and operations of the Developing Country NGO Constituency, in line with latest Global Fund Procedures.
- SCOPE OF WORK
The consultant will provide the following support:
- Conduct comprehensive consultations and reviews, including with:
- Delegation leadership,
- Delegation members,
- Office of Board Affairs, Other Board Constituencies and stakeholders as appropriate
- A review of the existing Delegation manual and The Global Fund’s Board Operating Procedures – for relevant input into the updated manual.
- Provide working drafts of the Constituency handbook, based on consulting input.
- Conduct one virtual review session of the updated guide with all members and make recommendation for future orientation.
- Produce a completed electronic copy of the handbook with annexes of relevant documents
- REPORTING RELATIONSHIP
The Consultant shall report directly to the Board Member of the Developing Country NGO Constituency. A working group, comprised of delegates of the Constituency, will provide guidance and oversight. The consultant will also be supported by a Communications Focal Point for research assistance.
- DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The Consultant is expected to possess the following qualifications, experience, skills, and personal characteristics:
- Advanced degree or qualifications in communications, education, public health, social sciences or related field;
- Proven track record in published writing with public health focus;
- Two to five years’ experience conducting and publishing research-oriented writings and five years related research experience;
- Proven skills and experience in guiding and supporting within a participatory approach;
- Experience of work with civil society and key affected communities;
- Ability to communicate with a broad range of stakeholders, in particular with
- Members of key communities as well as governmental authorities
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of The Global Fund and its processes including Board governance and Constituencies;
- At least three-years related experience in the areas of curriculum development and behavior change communication with focus on adult learner and participatory methodologies
- Knowledge of HIV/STIs, sexuality, gender issues, stigma and discrimination
- Ability to work on his/her own initiative
- Excellent communication, facilitation, interpersonal and management skills
- Strong research, problem solving and analytical skills
- DELIVERABLES & TIMELINES
The Consultant will be remunerated using a fixed budget method for services provided over a total of 15 days, expected to be completed by July 30, 2017. Payment will be effected upon receipt of invoices from the Consultant according to a mutually agreed timeline and schedule of disbursements. One will be suggested.
- Consultancy briefing with Delegation leadership & working group followed by a review current and relevant Delegation and Board and documents, manual, operations and procedures.
- Conduct consultations with constituency representatives and leadership as needed
- Provide written draft of manual with clear evidence of input
- Edit and provide update of manual
- Review updated manual with membership with emphasis on key changes
- Produced a final electronic version of the Delegation Manual
- APPLICATION PROCESS
Interested individuals should submit the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae outlining specific relevant experience;
- Samples of written and or published works and articles (reports and multimedia samples are acceptable);
- Brief tabled-work plan or a short description of the approach to consultancy
- Financial considerations
Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com no later than 5PM CET on June 20, 2017. For further information contact Jomain McKenzie, Communications Focal Point firstname.lastname@example.org.