Call for Applications to the Developing Country NGO Delegation
The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
FIRM CLOSING DATE: Monday March 5, 2018 Midnight Central European Time
CALL FOR COMMUNICATIONS FOCAL POINT
Developing Country NGO Delegation to the Board of The Global Fund is currently inviting suitably qualified candidates from developing countries to submit applications to serve as Communications Focal Point (CFP).
Persons living with and or affected by the three diseases are encouraged to apply.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelors or Advanced degree with specialization in public health, public policy, political science, sociology, social/international development or communication
2. Have the ability to prepare position papers, policy briefs and other high level documents
3. Experience in project and financial management approach to monitoring and evaluation, writing reports and communication briefs;
4. Excellent computer and administrative skills;
5. Knowledge of public health policies, international development and human rights;
6. Ability to communicate clearly (written, verbal and formal presentation skills) in English
7. Ability to work with people of different backgrounds and time zones;
8. Experience working with civil society organisations and background in human rights, gender and justice reform would be an asset;
9. Ability to make various international travel engagements to meetings with advance and or little notice;
10. Ability to work with persons of different backgrounds.
Other Competencies and Key Skills
11. Ability to exercise flexibility in daily time commitments
12. Ability to adapt quickly to changing sizes of the delegation and potential increase in workloads at different times of the year.
13. Knowledge in basic web site management and social media marketing and management
14. Understand the scope of the GF work and the opportunities it presents, particularly as it relates to NGO and community issues and people affected by the diseases in developing countries.
15. Familiarity and knowledge of Global Fund processes and operations at any level.
16. The candidate speaking more than one of the global fund’s official languages, would be an asset – all encouraged to apply
TENURE, EFFORT & COMPENSATION
Yearly contract, reviewed and negotiated yearly. Salary is based on qualifications, experience and permanent residency/ location. The level of effort is a full time equivalent; a part time engagement may be negotiable.
WORK LOCATION & TRAVEL
The CFP may serve in a virtual role, with the ability to make extensive travel, sometimes with short notice. The CFP will work directly with the whole Delegation, under the guidance from the Delegation’s Leadership. S/he will report directly to and be supervised by the Board Member and Alternate Board Member.
Interested individuals should submit the following documents:
1. Updated curriculum vitae outlining specific relevant experience and up to three references
2. Two samples of written and or published works and articles (reports and multimedia samples are acceptable);
3. An application letter indicating suitability for the position and an indication of expected remuneration.
Submissions should be sent to email@example.com no later than MIDNIGHT CET on March 5, 2018. For questions or further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early applications are encouraged. Interviews will be done on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.